Rules and Regulations
Application is hereby made for space at the Surf City Nights Street Fair for the purpose of exhibition and sale of products indicated an agreement to abide by all of the following terms of this application.
Surf City Nights shall not be responsible or liable for any injury or loss that may arise or come to lessee, or his/her employees or goods, for any cause whatsoever. All insurance must be placed and paid for by the Vendor. Vendor relieves the sponsor and the property owners of all responsibility in connection with the safekeeping of property during the fair. Growers must post necessary requirements as issued by the State of California at all times on back corner of booth visual for all during the entire time of the event.
* PLEASE NOTE: You are not required to get any permits or licenses until space has been approved and space has been assigned. However, we will need the following once approved and accepted for Surf City Nights:
• Department of Agriculture Certificate-for Farmers
• OC Health Permit- Food Booths
• Food Handlers Card- Everyone in a food booth must have it in their possession at all times
• City of Huntington Beach Business License
• Insurance- All vendors are required to have insurance, you will need to indemnify and hold harmless Huntington Beach Downtown Business Improvement District, McGlynn Events Inc., and Mary Ann Senske.
1. Non-Competition Clause: No business entity shall offer goods or services that directly compete with HBDBID members.
2. All original craft vendors shall be limited to hand-made or hand-decorated items. No YARD SALE type items are allowed. Surf City Nights reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any item from display or sale for any reason whatsoever. Fireworks of any type are forbidden as is Silly String, pop ball guns, knock off or illegal items, etc. Any change or additional merchandise other than on original application must be turned in to the office to add to application. Knives, swords, or any sharp objects must be kept out of reach of children.
3. Vendors shall furnish their own set-ups and necessary coverings. Surf City Nights will NOT provide tables, shelving, rain coverings, garbage bags, extension cords, power strips, lighting etc. All areas must be kept clean and sanitary. Do not dump any food, water, grease, ashes, etc., in street gutters, storm drains, lots or parking areas. No items with foul language, or sexual content – this is a family event. We offer 10x10 spaces only. Everything must be in your booth. No hanging items on the side walls by the booths or on top of your EZ-up. We are a specialized street fair and want all of our booths to look universal. There will be no boxed, crates or surplus of any kind behind the booths unless it is completely covered and looks clean. No storage allowed on the sidewalks at any time.
4. All booths require signage. (business name). No side walls are allowed in any booth unless used strictly displays of products. All booths are required to be weighed down each night. No EZ-ups over 10x10 will be accepted and must be Market Manager approved. Each vendor that is assigned a location that is larger than 10x10, is NOT allowed to utilize the extra space without the consent of the Market Manager. If you want to expand, you need to speak with the Market Manager and additional fees may apply. Tents are required – Tablecloths are required for tables.
5. We do not provide power for anything in your booth other than 4-6 energy efficient light bulbs. If you need more power you will need to provide your own generators. You will need to have a power strip with an extension cord ( 50')for connection services.
6. All set up must be completed between 2:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. and all vehicles need to be moved from the street by 4:45PM. No vehicles will be allowed on the streets to load until 9:00 p.m. Set-up will begin at 2:00pm if the entire street is clear of all public and police vehicles. Vendors must park in their assigned space and unload their products, then park in the structure, before returning to build their booths. No double parking allowed. Tear-down may begin at 9:00pm or at the Market Managers direction, no sooner. Vendors will need to tear down their booth in its entirety before returning to their vehicles. There is no tear down into the vehicle allowed. There is no double parking allowed.
Any violations will result in:
1st Time: Written warning
2nd Time: $50.00 fee
3rd Time: Termination from venue without refund of any type
7. On-site prepared food items shall be restricted to the assigned vendor space only. Prepackaged foods must be totally sealed and no open or on-site prepared samples are allowed unless permitted by the County of Orange. Do not throw food in paper trash boxes. Vendors are responsible for removing all trash. Vendors may not toss anything into the gutters including water or ice. A large fee will apply and a fine will be sent out by the city of Huntington Beach. Food Vendors are required to cover the ground with a tarp style coverage in their entire area. Do not leave boxes next to city trash cans. You are responsible for removing your trash.
8. Prepackaged food must have health department permit and approval as required by State of California. All food sampling booths are required to have a trash can. It must be placed in front of your booth each night.
9. All contact information as signed on contract will be used for the sole purpose of communication between Surf City Nights and the listed vendor. We do not sell any information to third parties. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the HBDBID office for any changes, altercations or amendments to original application.
10. In the instance of rain, the Event Manager will decide whether or not to cancel the street fair by 12pm. It is the participant’s responsibility to contact the Event Manager to find out the status of the event. If participant chooses not to participate due to weather, this will be counted against a paid event day. A rain credit will be given if event is canceled by the Event Manager only.
11. Surf City Nights will continue during all holiday seasons, except when the event falls on Christmas Day, New Years Day or Fourth of July. In the event this occurs, a credit will be placed with those pre-paid vendors.
12. NOTE: 4:00pm on Tuesday is “N0 SHOW” time and your space will be lost and your money non-refundable.
13. Surf City Nights continues to improve the quality and appearance of its fair. Our booths will be juried. Any booth not holding up to the Surf City Nights guidelines/standards will be given a written warning. If things stated in the warning are not corrected, the vendor will not be allowed back.
14. As a vendor you are responsible for your monthly space rent fee. You may find an acceptable fill in with the Market Managers approval. Payment is always due by the 3rd Tuesday of each month. In the months where there are 5 Tuesdays, payment is due on the 4th Tuesday. There will be a $50.00 fee for any payment received after the deadline. NSF checks will include a $25.00 NSF fee and a $50.00 late payment fee if applicable. Checks will not be collected at your vendor booth. You are responsible for turning in the checks to the information booth. Checks will be accepted every Tuesday between 5:00pm-8:00pm. All checks need to be made out to HBDBID and must include your business name on it. It is your responsibility to ensure payment is on time. Each Friday checks will be deposited and you will receive a PDF receipt via QuickBooks.
15. CA Farmers Market Tax-The $2.00 fee will be collected by the Market Manager quarterly. All checks will be made out to McGlynn Events Inc. This will be due Feb/May/Aug/Nov
There is No Smoking allowed for vendors at this event in their booths. Vendors may smoke off-site.
There is No Drinking of Alcohol at any time in your booth.
ALL VENDORS ARE REQUIRED TO STOP SELLING AT 9:00PM. Selling after 9:00pm will result in
1st Time: Written warning
2nd Time: $50.00 fee/fine
3rd Time: Termination from venue without any refunds
Effective 10/01/2015- New Fee Categories
Over 50% of your product line and/or booth display must be handcrafted/ handmade or original craft. This includes your own designs, products and or items for sale.
Resellers of jewelry or other pre-owned/ pre purchased items for your booth. This includes manufacture and/or distributive products. These booths are less than 50% handmade items.
Pre- Packaged Foods
Selling of single product line only. No merging of booths. May not sell any beverages or other products.
Plated food on site, may sell multiple items in conjunction with your approved booth and at the discretion of the Market Manager. All additional items need to be cleared by Market Manager
Any products or services offered at the event that do not sell on site or
May only sell items approved in your booth may not sell and additional items, including beverages. If a vendor wants to sell additional items other than original items that were approved to the booth there will be an additional fee of $10.00 per night.
Fee Schedule per Event Night
Non-Peak (November-April) Peak (June-August)
A. Original Crafts $66.00 $75.00
B. Reproduction Crafters $80.00 $100.00
C. Pre-Packaged Food $66.00 $80.00
D. Food Court $100.00 $175.00
E. Business Services $90.00 $90.00
F. Snacks $55.00 $75.00
G. Certified Farmers $45.00 $55.00
H. Non-Profit $40.00 $40.00
Huntington Beach Downtown Business Improvement District (HBDBID)
315 3rd Street, Suite E Huntington Beach, CA 92648.
(714) 536-8300 FAX- (714) 536-8383 www.hbdowntown.com
Please DO NOT send money until your application has been approved and you have
been assigned a space.